What is a weakness?
Weakness is a feeling of fatigue in the body. It may happen that a person feeling weakness cannot move any part of his body properly and he feels jerk or cramps in that part.
Some people feel asthenia in some part of their body, such as in hands or feet and some people feel asthenia in the whole body due to bacterial infection or viral infection such as influenza or hepatitis. The asthenia may occur for some time but in some cases, it can stay for a long time.
The treatment of asthenia should be first identified by identifying the cause and treating it. However, if there is no reason to detect any reason or treatment has no effect on asthenia, then its symptoms should be treated.
If asthenia is caused by a disorder in which the body’s immune system damages healthy cells, then asthenia can be treated with Corticosteroids.
- Types of Weakness
- Symptoms of Weakness
- Due to weakness
- Measures to protect the weakness
- Testing of weakness
- Treatment of weakness
- Risks and complications of weakness
Types of weakness
How many types of weakness are there?
There are two types of asthenia-
Neuromuscular asthenia reduces the strength of the muscle due to any constipation or damage, which reduces its ability to function.
In non-neuromuscular asthenia, you feel weak when doing any work while in fact, the muscle is quite normal.
Symptoms of weakness
What are the symptoms of asthenia?
If you feel asthenia in any part of the body, then you may not be able to move that part properly or that part cannot function properly. You can also experience the following symptoms –
- Delay in doing any work from the affected organ
- Feeling vibration or jerk in the affected organ
- Feeling shock in the muscle
- Muscle cramps
You are feeling tired after having a asthenia in the whole body and it seems as if you have become flu. In many cases, it may happen that you feel weak without fatigue.
Some people who feel asthenia throughout the body feel pain in symptoms such as fever, flu, and pain in the affected limb.
Other symptoms –
- Visually weakening
- Fainting from a sudden
- Difficulty speaking and swallowing
- Changes or conflicts in mental state
- Unable to complete any activity or work
- Not feeling muscular strength is also a symptom of asthenia
- Fever of the whole body can be a common symptom
If you experience the following symptoms, then go to your doctor –
- Trouble speaking
- Change in eye
- Pain in chest
- Breathing problem
- Irregular heartbeat
Due to weakness
Why is a weakness?
For many reasons, you may feel very weak, some examples of this are the following:
- Anxiety or Depression:
These two conditions are considered to be the main reason for fatigue and asthenia, but unfortunately, most of these cases are not diagnosed. The reason for this is that its cases are not easily identified. Worrying or staying in depression has a great effect on the living standards and functioning of the victim.
Due to sedentary lifestyle and lethargy muscles become weak with time over time.
As the aging progresses, our cells and tissues are less capable of co-ordination. For this reason, old people seem to be less active and save their energy. When a person is in stress, he experiences symptoms of asthenia.
- Infections and prolonged illnesses:
When the body has to fight with continuous infections, then there is a lack of energy in the body. Due to long-standing infections such as TB and Hepatitis in the body, sufferers suffer from fatigue, one of the reasons is that due to these diseases the muscles become weak. Similarly, due to the disease of sugar and insomnia, the sufferer feels very weak.
- Vitamin deficiency:
Lack of vital vitamins reduces the production of red blood cells, which reduces energy in the body.
What are the risk factors of weakness?
The following are risk factors for asthenia:
- Lack of blood (Anemia: It can be due to excessive bleeding during menstruation)
- Lack of sleep
- Sugar disease
- Heart failure
- Lack of Vitamin B12
- Side effects of medicines
- Heart attack
- Injuries in the nerves or muscles
- Diseases affecting nerves or muscles
- Taking excessive medicines
- Vitamins consuming more amounts
However, the asthenia of cancer progresses gradually with the problem, but a heart attack or stroke immediately begins to weaken.
Measures to protect the weakness
How to avoid weakness?
The following are the measures to avoid asthenia:
- Avoid caffeine and drinking.
- Do not exercise excessively or diet.
- Take full sleep at night.
- Include calcium, protein and low-fat food in your diet.
- Eat nutritious food, it has energy in the body and fatigue is less.
- Going to your doctor immediately after feeling tired, feeling less energy and having muscle asthenia.
- In the day, doing tasks with the same rules i.e., the time of rest and the coordination of the active lifestyle can be avoided by making a routine and doing a little exercise.
- Try to send out at least thirty minutes daily. It gives peace to the mind and body, stress reduces and has a positive effect on mental health.
Test of weakness
How does weakness test?
Some tests are done to diagnose asthenia, on which basis the proper treatment is chosen. The tests for asthenia are as follows:
- Completely blood count (CBC) with the test of Vitamin B12, Folate and Ferritin levels
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) test and C-Reactive protein (CRP) blood test to see the problem of internal inflammation in the body.
- Testing of blood glucose and serum electrolytes levels, liver function test, kidney function test, thyroid function test, and vitamin D levels to see
Antibody tests for autoimmune diseases (such as a disease in which the body’s immune system accidentally causes harm to the body)
The urine test is done to detect sugar, kidney disease or liver disease and pregnancy. Especially in those women who have recently started the problem of fatigue and are in the age of childbirth.
- HIV Test
- ECG and Echocardiogram to detect heart disease
- Tuberculin test
- Chest X-ray to detect TB
- Urine Toxicology Test to Determine the Use of Drugs
Treatment of weakness
What is the treatment of weakness?
It is necessary to know the reason for the correct treatment of asthenia. Some of these treatments are:
- Lack of infection due to infections – The energy lost by antibiotics told by the doctor to fight the infection can be found.
- Depression due to weakness – Antidepressant medicines can be cured of fatigue.
- Vulnerability due to lack of vitamins – Vitamin is given to fix metabolic abnormalities due to vitamin deficiency, which has a low level. Most fatigue is due to the lack of vitamin B12 and folate.
- Weakness due to more work – If there is a astheniain the muscles due to excessive work, then it can be treated with lifestyle changes.
- Weakness due to autoimmitted disorders – Medicines which prevent damage to the immune system, they can also treat asthenia properly.
Risks and complications of weakness
What are the complications of weakness?
If there is no cure, there may be serious complications due to asthenia. like –
- Nervous weakness, depression, and schizophrenia
- If asthenia has been for a long time, then there may be problems in meditation, inactive behavior, and memory problems.
- If the asthenia is caused due to congestive infection or due to some serious illness, then it causes a lot of damage to the body. At the same time, problems arise in the immune system and the whole body.