Stomach Pain: Types, Symptoms, Prevention, Treatment
Stomach pain: Pain in the stomach A person has a feeling of pain in the upper or lower part of the stomach, whose intensity can range from light pain to sudden pain.
Pain in the stomach can be for some time or longer and can be fast or even less. The place of pain in the abdomen can be in the upper or lower left corner of the upper left, right or left the edge, upper, middle and lower part.
Pain in the stomach can be due to many different factors that can range from mammals to severe such as excessive gas to other serious conditions such as appendicitis. Some women also experience stomach pain during pregnancy.
The doctors diagnose the cause of stomach aches on the basis of your pain history, physical examination, and test.
- Types of Stomach Pain
- Symptoms of Stomach Pain
- Due to Stomach Pain
- Prevention of stomach pain
- Treatment of Stomach Pain
- Avoiding abdominal pain
- What should eat in stomach ache?
- Home remedies for stomach pain
- What to eat or not eat in stomachache
Types of stomach ache
The following types of stomach pain are –
- General Pain
Normal pain occurs in half or more part of the stomach. This pain can happen with many different diseases and usually gets cured without treatment. Indigestion and stomach problems are the cause of general stomach ache. Home remedies can help relieve some problems. Mild pain or severe pain which becomes more serious over time can be a sign of intestinal obstruction.
- Local pain
Local pain occurs in one part of the stomach. Sudden and worse local pain can be a symptom of a serious problem. The pain of appendicitis starts in the form of normal pain, but it often begins to be in a part of the stomach. The pain of gallbladder disease or peptic ulcer disease often begins in one part of the stomach and remains in the same place. Local pain which becomes gradually more serious can be a symptom of swelling of any part of the stomach.
Crapping is a type of pain that keeps coming or going in the condition or severity of being. Cramps are mostly normal until they get relief from passing gas or sewage. Many women have cramps during menstruation. Normal spasm is usually not the cause of concern unless it gets worse, lasts for more than 24 hours or in one place. Cramps that start with diarrhea or other common health problems can be painful, but this is usually not serious.
Symptoms of abdominal pain
Stomach pain is a symptom in itself, which means that the person has a problem that requires treatment. Take care of your symptoms because it will help the doctor know the cause of your pain.
Special note if a pain in the stomach is sudden, after eating or with diarrhea.
If you have very severe pain in your stomach or if it occurs with any of the following symptoms, consult the doctor as soon as possible –
- Inability to eat for several days
- Inability to pass stool, especially if you are getting vomit
- Blood flow in vomiting
- Stomach bleeding
- Trouble breathing
- Painful or abnormally frequent urination
- Pain in pregnancy
- feeling soft in touching the stomach
- Pain due to injury in the stomach
- Pain stay for several days
These symptoms can be an indication of an internal problem that may require treatment as soon as possible.
Due to stomach ache
The stomach ache may be due to many reasons, some of the main reasons for this are:
- Irrelevant Bowl Syndrome (a disorder that affects the large intestine)
- Stomach Flu (Viral Gastroenteritis)
- Menstrual cramps
- Food Poisoning
- Food Allergy
- Lactose intolerance (non-digestion of natural sugar found in milk and dairy products)
- Ulcer or abscess
- Pelvic area swelling disease
- Crohn’s disease (swelling of the digestive tract)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Urinary tract infections (Read more: Infection: Types, Signs, Prevention, Treatment)
Some other causes of stomach ache –
- Some heart attacks and pneumonia can also cause stomachache.
- Pelvic or part of the stomach and stomach can cause stomach pain.
- Some skin rashes and herpes may also cause pain in the stomach.
- Some poisonous worms may also cause stomachache due to bites.
There are many causes of stomach pain, some of which will be in your control but you may prevent yourself from having g stomach ache due to some other reason by making some changes in lifestyle. The following habits can help you –
- Reduce the speed of food
If you eat bigger chunks and eat without chewing, it is possible that you swallow the air with food that makes the gas in your stomach, which can lead to a stomachache. That’s why chew slowly and take time to swallow.
- Reduce the interval between food
Some people have a stomach ache during the intervals between meals. If this happens to you, take a meal or snacks at short intervals throughout the day so that your stomach is not empty for long periods. However, it can also be on the contrary. If you eat more then you may have pain in your stomach.
- Take care of your food
Fatty, fried or spicy foods can cause problems in your stomach. This can slow down the process of your digestive system and you may be more likely to get constipation. If you eat more nutritious foods with vegetables and fiber, your digestive system remains healthy.
- Get advice from your doctor
If you have a flat stomach after eating milk or after eating a certain thing then consult with your doctor. It may happen that you have insensitivity towards dairy products or any other type of food. Your doctor can help you find out ways to stay away from them.
- Drink more water
Water keeps your stomach activity right so that you stay regular. When you feel thirsty, drink water and reduce the consumption of loose drinks (such as cold-drink). Carbon-containing beverages can gas, causing abdominal pain. Alcohol and caffeinated beverages can cause problems in some people’s stomach, so if you have trouble with them then stay away from them.
- Wash your hands
A common cause of stomach ache is gastroenteritis (a disease caused by infection and swelling in the digestive system), sometimes called stomach virus. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, fever or a headache. The best way to stop the spread of microbes is to wash your hands frequently, especially after eating, after going to the toilet and attending public places.
- Stay relaxed
Some people develop heartbeats due to stress or sweat in their palms or they are a stomach ache. So stay relaxed and you can do things like exercise, meditation, etc. to do this. If they do not work, consult your doctor.
Stomach pain treatment
On the basis of the causes of pain, abdominal pain can be treated by various types of doctors. If the pain is severe then you may have to be admitted to an emergency situation in the hospital where emergency medicine physicians will take care of you.
You can use a heating pad to reduce stomachache. Chamomile or mint tea can help reduce the gas. Although the following remedies for abdominal pain can be made –
- For gas pain, medicines containing simethicon can get relief in a stomachache.
- You can use antacid or acid-reducing medicines for burning from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- For constipation, a laxative drug can help you.
- For diarrhea, loparamide or bismuth sub-salicylic medicine can help you to feel better.
- For other types of pain, acetaminophen may be helpful but stay away from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen or niroprocaine.
You should go to the doctor if you have some of these symptoms –
- Pain or pain in severe stomach stay for several days.
- Nausea and fever.
- Stomach bleeding.
- Pain in urinating
- Blood in the urine.
- Not able to pass stool and vomiting
- Injuries in the stomach before pain.
- Irritation of the stomach and medication can not be cured.
Avoid the following substances when there is a pain in the stomach –
- Milk – Dairy products such as milk and paneer and foods like creams or meat have a high amount of fat, which is not good for stomach ache.
- High quantity of acid content – Tomato content, as well as acid reflux from citrus-based products.
- Alcohol – Drinking alcohol can make you gas, so do not consume it.
- Processed foods – processed foods are rich in many chemicals and preservatices, which can cause problems in your stomach.
- Chocolate and caffeine – Caffeine and chocolate food can also cause stomach aches.
What should eat in stomach ache?
The following things can be beneficial for you in abdominal pain –
- Banana – Bananas contain potassium, which can help you with the problem of getting dehydrated by vomiting or diarrhea.
- Rice – Rice, potatoes and other starchy foods make digestion easier and relax the stomach.
- Soup – Both liquids and high salt substances can keep you hydrated.
- Papaya – Papaya keeps digestion healthy, reduces indigestion and helps in constipation.
- Ginger – Ginger acts as a remedy for vomiting and maintains digestive health.
- Herbal Tea – In addition to the soothing effects of hot tea, the pulp and chamomile tea solve problems of a stomach.
- Coconut water – Coconut water can help relax the stomach problems.