Pregabalin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effect, More
Pregabalin is an anticonvulsant and is considered the first line of treatment for neurotic pain, herpes, seizures, and fibromyalgia. It is used to treat diabetic nerve pain, epilepsy, spinal cord injury, restless leg syndrome, and generalized anxiety disorder. It works by binding to a certain area of the brain and reduces pain signals sent by damaged veins of the body.
Some common side effects of Pregabalin include sleep, trouble with memory, confusion, bad motor coordination, the problem with sight, dry mouth and increase in weight. More serious side effects may include increased risk of drug abuse, angioedema, and increased risk of suicide. Long-term use of this drug can cause addiction.
Pregabalin If you are pregnant or do not have an allergic reaction to any of its contents then it is not recommended for you. Pregabalin talks with some medicines. If you are taking any of the following, inform your doctor.
- Angiotensin-converted enzyme inhibitor
- Benzodiazepines or Drug Medicines
- Thiazolidinedione antibiotic agent
Make sure that your doctor is informed that you have any of the following medical conditions before taking the medication:
- If you have heart failure, irregular heartbeats, diabetes, bleeding problems, muscle problems, highball pressure or low platelet count
- If you have wrong kidney work or on dialysis
- If you have any history of angioedema
- If you have mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts or working with Depression
- The initial dose for Pregabalin is usually 50 mg, orally taken 3 times a day. Dosage can be increased later on the basis of efficacy and tolerance.
When is this drug recommended?
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Pregabalin is used for the relief of pain caused by nerve damage due to diabetes, arms, legs, fingers, toes etc.
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Pregabalin is used for the relief of nerve pain due to the infection of the herpes virus, which is known as herpes.
- Pregabalin is used with other medicines to treat partial-initial trials in epilepsy, which is a common type of seizure.
- Fibromyalgia (Fibromyalgia)
- Pregabalin is used to remove symptoms of such a condition. Where the patient experiences the severe pain of muscles and joints, excessive fatigue, sleep disabilities.
- Neuropathic pain
- Pregabalin is also used for the treatment of pain due to damaged nerves, the damage can be due to spinal cord injuries, trauma or other degenerative diseases.
- Generalized Anxiety disorder
- Pregabalin is also used to relieve normal episodes of anxiety in adults.
Side Effects of Pregabalin
In addition to your desired effect, Pregabalin can also cause some undesirable effects.
- Difficulty in breathing Major Less Common
- Chest tightness Major Less Common
- Chills Major Rare
- Severe diarrhea Major Rare
- Facial, lips, eyelids, tongue, swelling of hands and feet (Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet) Major Rare
- Unusual fatigue and weakness (Unusual tiredness and weakness) Major Rare
- Blurred or double vision Major Rare
- Allergic skin reaction Major Rare
- Dizziness Moderate Less Common
- Dry mouth Minor Common
- Headache Minor Less Common
- Memory problem (Memory problem) Moderate Rare
- Loss of coordination Moderate Less Common
- Fever Moderate Less Common
- Loss of appetite Minor Rare
- Anxiety and nervousness Minor Less Common
- Slurred Speech Minor Rare
- Trouble sleeping Minor Less Common
- Loss of bladder control Moderate Less Common
- Burning, numbness, tingling in arms and feet (burning, numbness, tingling in the arms and feet) Minor Less Common
Main Attention of Pregabalin
How long is the duration of impact?
- The effect of this drug remains for an average period of 10-12 hours.
- When does the effect of medication start?
- The onset of this drug is different depending on the desired medicines.
- Is there any pregnancy warning and precautions?
- This drug is not used during pregnancy unless necessary. It should be used when another option is not able to produce the desired result. Consult your doctor and discuss possible benefits and risks before taking this medication.
Does it get used to?
- With limited medical and psychological dependence, this drug has the less abusive ability.
- Is there any breastfeeding warning?
- Breastfeeding women are not recommended to use this medicine. However, if it is necessary to use the drug, then breastfeeding should be stopped. Consult your doctor before using this medication.
Missed Dose instructions
If this is the time for the next scheduled dose then the missed quantity can be left.
Contact your doctor immediately, if there is an overdue suspicion. Symptoms of high amounts may include movement, mental confusion, excessive drowsiness.
How to take with
Interaction with disease
- This medicine should be carefully administered in those patients who have the risk of developing the inflammation of internal layers of skin or their risk. This swelling can cause airway blockage and prove life-threatening.
Interaction with alcohol (MODERATE)
- Avoid or restrict the use of alcohol during taking medication. Someone should avoid heavy machinery operation or work that requires high levels of mental alertness.
Interaction with drugs
Lorazepam (Lorazepam) (MODERATE)
Use lorazepam or any other medication that you take for sleep disorders or anxiety problems. The risk of adverse effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, lack of focus, etc. is very high when taking these medicines together. Special caution is advised whether these medicines have been taken by an elderly person.
Report to the physician before using pregabalin before pioglitazone or any other drug used to control the level of high blood sugar. These medicines can increase the risk of weight gain, fluid retention, and cardiovascular failure when taken together. To use these medicines safely together you may need dosage adjustments and continuous monitoring.
Report the use of related ramipril or any other drug related to the ACE inhibitor class used to reduce blood pressure. When these medicines are used together, the risk of fluid retention and related adverse effects on the heart has increased significantly. (Read More: Personality Development in Hindi)
Prior to receiving Pregabalin, report the use of any unpleasant pain medicines in the history of severe dizziness, confusion, especially in the history of elderly and emotional disturbances, suicidal thoughts, abuse of alcohol, or drug abuse. There may be a lack of coordination. Any effect should be reported to the doctor using them together.
Anti-epilepsy belongs to a group of medicines known as medicines, although it is prescribed for the treatment of many different conditions. You may have been prescribed for the treatment of partial seizures, which is a type of epilepsy. There is a short episode of a seizure that is caused by a burst of abnormal electrical activity in the brain. With a partial seizure, the burst of electric activity stays in a part of the brain. Therefore, you become a local or ‘focal’ symptom. Pregabalin works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain. It is taken with other medicines for epilepsy.
Pregabalin is also determined to treat some types of long-lasting pain due to damage to the nerves. This type of pain is called neuropathic pain, various conditions including diabetes, (where it is called diabetic neuropathy) and ringworm (Where it is also called postherpetic nerve pain) may be due to a number of.
Pregabalin (GAD) may also be helpful in treating symptoms of general anxiety disorder, especially if other medications which are more often prescribed for people with this condition are not suitable. GAD is a long-term condition where there is a major symptom of anxiety.
Before taking PREGABALIN
Some medicines are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and sometimes medication can only be used if additional care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking Pregabalin it is important that your doctor knows from:
If you are under 18 years of age
If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breastfeeding ask to doctor.
You have a problem with the way your kidneys work ask to doctor.
You have a heart condition.
If you have ever had drug or alcohol dependency problems.
You are taking any other medicines. You are taking any medicines such as herbal and supplementary medicines, which are available for purchase without a prescription.
How to take PREGABALIN
Before you begin treatment, read the manufacturer’s printed information sheet from inside the pack. This will give you more information about Pregabalin and will provide you with a complete list of side effects which you may have experienced by taking it.
Pregabalin really does as you tell your doctor. Dosage is different from one person, so it is important that you follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. There are many strengths of Pregabalin capsules available, so it’s always worth checking the power of capsules every time you get a new recipe to make sure they are what you are hoping for.
When you take a low dose, you begin to take pregabalin to increase the dose more than the first few weeks, and then be advised. This is to allow your body to be used for new medication. Most people take two or three doses in one day once they are on a regular maintenance dose. Your doctor will explain this to you, and the dosage directions will be printed on the pack’s label. If you are still unsure about how to take your dose, then ask your pharmacist to give you advice.
You can take Pregabalin before or after the meal. Swallow capsules with drinking water. If you have been supplied with oral fluid medicine, then use the oral dose syringe to see the instructions given below.
Once you are taking a regular amount of Pregabalin, try to take your dose at the same time each day. This will help you avoid missing doses.
Try to don’t forget to take a dose. Try to get the correct number of doses each day, but do not take two doses at the same time.
Instructions for using dose syringe with LYRICA® oral solution
Remove the bottle cap, and push the syringe adapter in the top of the open bottle.
Insert the syringe in the adapter.
Turn the bottle upside down (with the syringe connected to it)
Gently pull the riders out of the syringe so that the solution marks the one that fits the syringe to match its dosage. Make sure that any air bubbles are removed.
Turn the bottle on the right path again, and remove the syringe from the bottle.
Put the tip of the syringe in your mouth, and gently push the rider so that the liquid is released in your mouth.
Change the bottle cap (except the adapter in the bottle). After each use wash the syringe with water.
Getting the Most From Your Treatment
Keep your regular appointments with the doctor. It can be checked by your doctor on your progress.
A small number of people, whilst being treated with anti-epileptics, have developed ideas about changes in mood or suicide. If this happens to you, then you should tell your doctor about it directly.
You are getting pregnant while you are taking Pregabalin to avoid, so make sure that you should discuss with your doctor what type of contraception is appropriate for you. You want to have a family, make sure you get pregnant before talking to your doctor about this. It is so much that you can be advised by an expert about your treatment.
You are getting pregnant while you are taking Pregabalin to avoid, so make sure that you should discuss with your doctor what type of contraception is appropriate for you. You want to have a family, make sure you get pregnant before talking to your doctor about this. It is so much that you can be advised by an expert about your treatment. When you are pregnant, while you are taking Pregabalin, you should tell your doctor directly.
When you first start a new treatment for epilepsy or seizures you may have to change the type of experience. Will advise your doctor about this.
People with epilepsy should stop driving. Your doctor will advise you about it when it might be possible for you to start driving again. It will usually be free for a year after the recovery.
You should regularly take Pregabalin every day. Treatment can cause sudden stop problems which will make you feel unhealthy. It is necessary to stop the treatment, you will have to ask your doctor to reduce your dose in the period of at least one week.
Can PREGABALIN due to problems?
Along with its useful effect, although not everyone experiences them most drugs can cause unwanted side effects. The table below is included in some of the most common people associated with Pregabalin. You will find a complete list of manufacturer’s information in the supply sheet along with your medicine. Unwanted effects often adjust your body to new mediocre in the form of improvements, but if you continue to have any issues or problems with your doctor or pharmacist.
Important: Pregabalin has been associated with allergic-type symptoms in some people. If you experience any difficulty in breathing or notice any swelling of your face, mouth, tongue or throat, then you should consult your doctor directly for advice.
If you experience any other symptoms that you may feel due to medication, speak with your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
How to Store PREGABALIN
All drugs keep out of sight and children’s reach.
Store in a quiet, dry place, away from direct heat and light.