Fear: Types, Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment: What is the phobia?
Phobia is a disease associated with fear. This is a severe and unreasonable reaction of fear. You may feel a deep feeling of fear or panic. Fear can be of a certain place, object or circumstance. This is different from the general anxiety disorder, which is related to a specific item.
Phobia is a number of specific types of fear, such as fear of height, fear of public space or deserted places. If you feel worried and very shy in daily social situations, you may be a social phobia. Fear of seeing some common phobias such as tunnels, highways, more water, flying, animal and blood etc.
Phobia can make the patient severely inconvenient from troubles. People with phobia often feel that their fears are completely irrational, but they still can not do anything about it. Such problems start to interfere with the work of personal relations, school or office etc.
- Types of fear (phobia)
- Symptoms of fear (phobia)
- Due to fear (phobia)
- Rescue from fear (phobia)
- Testing of fear (phobia)
- Treatment of fear (phobia)
Types of fear (phobia)
- Animal phobias – In this example, fear of snakes, spiders, mice, and dogs etc. is included.
- Natural environment phobias – fear of heights, storms, water, and darkness etc.
- Situational phobias – It involves fear of a particular situation, such as intimidation in proximity, flying, driving, tunnels, and bridges etc.
- Blood or injection or fear of injury – it is afraid of blood, injury, illness, needle or other medical procedures.
Some phobias do not fall into the above general category; they are some type of phobia, such as fear of suffocation or cancer, etc.
Symptoms of fear (phobia)
It does not matter what specific type of phobia you have, it is likely to cause some normal types of reaction, such as
- Faced with sudden fear, anxiety and a panic in the brain by facing or remembering any source of fear.
- Knowing that fear seems to be untenable, but feeling unable to control it.
- As soon as the situation or thing that causes the phobia comes closer to you or the time, the anxiety becomes so serious.
- To do everything possible to avoid that object or situation or to try to withstand Anxiety disorder and phobia.
- Due to being afraid, the brain has difficulty working on normal form.
- Physical responses and stimuli, including sweating, heart rate, fastness, tightness in the chest, and difficulty in breathing etc.
- Seeing injury, faltering, or unconsciousness, etc. by seeing injury or bleeding etc.
- Refrain from irritability, stuttering, screaming or moving away from parents or withstand their anger.
Symptoms of specific phobia include the following
- Excessive or irrational phobia of a specific object or situation,
- Trying to avoid that object or situation or to endure serious problems.
- Physical symptoms of anxiety or panic attack such as heart beat rapidly, nausea and diarrhea, sweating, vibrate or move, numbness or tingling, difficulty breathing, dizziness, and walking head, feeling like a breath knee etc.
- Predictive anxiety, restlessness ahead of time to face the situation or object that causes phobias. For example, if a person is afraid of dogs, he may be worried or anxious before going out, if he knows that dogs are on that path.
When should the doctor show up?
Feeling scared for no reason can cause annoyance, but it is not considered a specific phobia unless it makes your life critically critical. If anxiety negatively affects the work of work, school or social situations, then you should talk to your doctor.
In the phobia of childhood, darkness, ghost or monster, leaving alone is normal, most children recover with age. But even if your child is feeling too much phobia after growing up, who interferes with the work of homework or school, show the child to the doctor.
Due to fear (phobia)
The common reason for simple phobia
- It usually occurs in children between 4 to 8 years of age. In some cases, it is also due to an event that has happened in the past.
- Facing a horrible thing by a family member may also cause phobias for other members, most likely it increases in most children.
- If a child’s mother is afraid of spider (Arachnophobia), then there is considerable potential for developing this phobia in the child.
- Phobia may also be caused by parents or by hearing about phobia, it can develop in a child.
Common causes of complex phobia –
The reason that agoraphobia (phobia of the crowd) or social phobia is still a mystery, no one knows why they are feeling scared. According to ISIS (International Study of Infarct Survival), this may be the reason for the combination of the following.
- Life Experiences
- Brain chemistry
- The excessive probability of social phobia is due to excessive stressful experiences.
Phobia and Existence – There can be many types of explanations for many types of phobia. Social phobia can also be a tendency of life. The tendency to stay at home, especially for young children, for AIDS sufferers This is a natural tendency to find out the strangeness and danger in the mail-jol.
The methodology of developing phobias in the brain –
Some areas of the brain settle down some dangerous and potentially fatal events in your mind or keep reminding them again and again. When there is an incident in the future during any such event, then those areas are refreshed by those memories; due to this, the body feels that it is happening again. Those areas of the mind that work in phobia and stress, they recover these horrendous incidents inappropriately again.
In some people, if there is an incident happening repeatedly, they may feel phobia, Phobia is an irrational phenomenon, in which the brain over-reacts to any event.
Avoidance of fear (phobia)
However, there are many specific phobias that cannot be prevented, initial remedies and treatment after a painful experience can prevent serious phobia from developing in the person.
By dealing with your phobia, you can teach your child excellent skills and increase their courage. It prevents phobias from developing in children.
Test of fear (phobia)
How is phobia tested/diagnosed?
While diagnosing Phobia, doctors try to determine that any object or condition produces phobia in the patient.
Those who have a phobia, they almost always know that they are feeling scared and they can easily communicate their symptoms to the doctor.
Treatment of fear (phobia)
How is phobia treated?
Phobia can be treated with the therapeutic drug, certain therapies or both. In most cases, both medicine and therapy are used.
Below are some types of medicines that have been proven effective for treating phobias –
- Beta-blockers – These medicines reduce the problems and symptoms of phobia (such as heartbeat rapidly and hardly) and also reduce the vibrations of the legs and sides along with them. Many patients reported that these medicines help to recover their suppressed voice.
- Antidepressants – SSRI’s (serotonin reuptake inhibitors) drugs are usually given to those suffering from phobias only. These medicines affect serotonin in the brain, resulting in a good mood.
- Sedatives – benzodiazepines drugs help to reduce the symptoms of anxiety. Those who are consuming alcohol, they should not take medicines from them. (Read more about Depression)
- Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – This is the most commonly used medical therapy for the treatment of phobias. Therapists teach different ways of understanding the cause of their phobia to the sufferers, making them feel comfortable facing their fears. Other alternative ways to see and understand phobia are explained. The patient is taught that the effect of a wrong approach to the quality of his life can be influenced and how a new way can change a life. The full throttle of therapy occurs during the patient’s detection of negative thoughts, misconceptions, and the situation of phobias and the change in it.
Disencitation (Exposure Therapy) – If this therapy is done properly, then with its help, it can be helped to change their reaction towards the phobia of the victims. The patients are gradually exposed to the causes of their fears. Those who are afraid to travel in an aircraft, they are started only by thinking about aircraft travel. After that, look at the plane, then go to the airport and then sit in a practice simulated plane cabin (plane-like room), traveling in the end plane etc.